Benefits of going green are up to you! When thinking about harmful human activities, we must consider health, pollution, conservation and sustainability.
So, what are you looking to achieve with your new interior design or makeovers?
1. To meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
2. To reduce energy and water use will save you money. Not only will you save money but it will create less pollution.
3. To keep your home and office toxic-free and provide a healthier environment for you, your family and employees.
4. Saving over 40% of water heating cost using the proper water heater. Save on water, this precious and wasted resource.
5. Buy local will cut on the gas emission footprints and help your community’s economic development.
6. Wildlife preservation by utilizing FSC building wood products.
7. Install programmable thermostat to save on energy cost.
8. Change your old appliances with new Energy Star certified.
9. Caulk your windows to prevent infiltration during the cold season.
10. Buy carbon offset credit: A carbon offset is a credit for greenhouse gas reductions achieved by one party that can be purchased and used to compensate (offset) the emissions of another party. Carbon offsets are typically measured in tonnes of CO2-equivalents (or CO2e) and are bought and sold through a number of international brokers, online retailers and trading platforms.
11. It could increase your property value
12. Take action today even if it is a small action because the results will make the difference!
13. And more...
Each topic of this web site will go through those benefits of going green in detail. Remember that we are speaking about green interior design so yes there are more to what you will find here.